Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sunset Angel


You are one of the princesses of time,

A longing spirit that waits for the world,

and no one knows when you were created,

or where you came from before.

All I know is that I have seen you many times, and you showed up one day at this battered door.
You used to comfort me, when the dark crept up,
and the world was caught between the battle lines of heaven.
You have been there through cloudless days, and storm filled heart aches, clashing through murderous nights,

But you disappear on me when I turn on the lights,
where do you go when you are not in my mind? What would I do without you?
without you around?


Smiling my happiness when I have none, pouring out orange frowns, What will I do if I finally meet you windowless soul? What was I like before I saw the twilight rose in your eyes?

Did I leave my innocence with you? or was it taken from me days before? Because now I don't know what else to do but stand here.

So I stand here helpless and alone,
lost in a triptych,
Lost because I never knew you and I don't know me.

No comments: