Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Storm


A storm, metaphorically and real, both overhead,
and while the storm of wind and rain is headed my way, a storm of feelings and words run rampant in my mind.

Sometimes i wonder if one storm could stop the other, or if the storms would combine and block out all thought, all light.

Maybe one storm would light the sky, flashes of lightning playing on the edges of the world, captivating all who could see, the other one might blow away all those captivated, no longer left to be fascinated with such a deadly, beautiful storm as this. Both make my head scream, clear thought but a distant wisp of air, roaring thunder now above and within, surging electricity splitting air, striking thoughts.


But both storms I will have to endure, taking shelter in what small secure places and thoughts i know to be real, something i can feel, and touch.

But I often find myself in doubt, of what is real, of what can truly be trusted. My shelter's my secrete thoughts and feelings turning to but more storm clouds gathering.
Light is gone, cold and emptiness fill my body and spirits, and I've run out of places to hide, now, I have to face the storm, and I won't back down,
I may loose, and I may not recover, but the sky will be sunny again, even if i loose all traces of myself,
the world will be bright again,
and the storms will be forever forced to hide from me.

12 comments:

angel from heaven said...

I really liked the way you have portrayed your inner feelings using storm as the theme.

http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/

Paranormal ME said...

@ angel
thanks..

Adijo said...

awesome post. A really intriguing title though! Makes u wanna read through!

Adijo said...

awesome post. A really intriguing title though! Makes u wanna read through!

vicious said...

i liked the comparison of the inside and outside storms ... keep up the good work :)

Ganesh said...

I'm surprised to see so many
poets among these bloggers and me not being able to write even a single poem!:(

Paranormal ME said...

@ all above thanks..
everyone..

Paranormal ME said...

@ Ganesh
don worry bro..u will get 2 write one day...

Abhijit Bhattacharyya said...

excellent poem..........keep it up.....bro....

Paranormal ME said...

@ insane visitations..

Thanks yaar..

Dan* said...

nice yaar !.....got to know few things storm :-D

Mihir jha said...

Nice post man !!!

I was searching for Writers to write for our upcoming e-zine Reader's Quotient which me and some of my friends are going to launch next month, and i came across your blog through orkut blogger community.

I liked the style and the presentation of your write-ups, and just wanted to enquire, if you shall be interested to write for our e-zine.

In case yes, please add me on mihirjha27@gmail.com or mihir_jha27@yahoo.co.in or drop me a mail at mihirjha@readersquotient.com

Keep the good work up....keep posting