Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Freedom



To shut my eyes,
Never to open them again,

What a wonderful freedom from the burdens

That life hangs around my neck,
Weighing me down with cares and woes, And feelings of despair and a lack of hope.

To shut my eyes,

To dream endlessly until the end of days,
When it doesn't matter how I appear, How I talk or how I write,
And no one judges me on appearance only,

But looks beyond the shell into the depths of what I can offer.

Self-conscious and alone,
Too scared to speak out,

Too afraid to appear the fool and lose the good things in my life.

Too quiet to know,

Too cut off to be noticed.

Too tired to care.


To shut my eyes,

Never to open them again.

What a wonderful freedom.

4 comments:

Comfortably Numb said...

Someone said: Freedom is like taking a bath...you have to keep doing it every day!!

And amen it if you want to be free.
Freedom is all about asking than getting
Its about feeling than showing!

You did a nice job :)

Cheers!

alx said...

hey f u shut your eyes we r gonna miss these worderful poems
congrats 4 a job well done

vicious said...

great job!!!!

aninda said...

loved ur work :)