Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Run away...

“Sometimes…sometimes I think you wish it could have been me in front of that car instead.”
Me in front of that car.
You wish it could have been me.

The echoes followed me.
Her words resounding, pulsing in my ears, the rhythm matching my footsteps.

No.
No.
Yes.

Of course not.
It couldn’t be.
Could it?
What would I have done without you everyday?
You’ve helped me though so much.
Would things have been any different if it wasn’t you?

No.
No.
Yes.

It wouldn’t have.
It couldn’t have.
It would.
Of course.

I loved her.
I wanted so much to be with her.
And she was gone.
And now you’re here.
And I want to love you.
But she’s going to stand in the way.
Always.

And as much as it pains me to admit it.
As much as I want to scream
And cry
And deny it.
…you were right.

No.
No.
...yes.

1 comment:

vicious said...

what a touching expreasssion of pain !!